Everyone loves iced coffee in the summer! On those days when it's just too hot to leave the house, you can make delicious iced coffee at home using an Aeropress! You can view our Brew Guide or follow along here for step by step instructions.
What You Need
- Caffé Umbria
- 30 grams of ground coffee (ground about 1 finer than the drip coffee setting)
- 150 grams of water
- a glass with some ice and 3 ounces of cold water
- Table top scale
- Heat your water.
- Insert the plunger about 1/4" and set it on your tabletop scale
- Add ground coffee to the Aeropress. It should feel similar to the consistency of table salt. Tap the sides to level the coffee.
- Add the paper filter to the Aeropress, and wet using the hot water. This will eliminate the paper taste, you may find with the filter.
- Slowly pour hot water into the Aeropress, filling it up to the one marker on the side.
- Using a spoon or the tool that comes with Aeropress, stir smoothly for about 30 seconds to make sure that the water and all the grounds are coming into contact with each other.
- Stir gently three more times and let sit for 30 seconds.
- Tighten the filter onto the Aeropress. Add ice to the glass and place the Aeropress over the glass, plunging the coffee into the cup until you hear it burble.
- You now have a cup of cold, delicious, iced coffee.