WHAT IS THE HOTSHOT CREW CHALLENGE?
The Hotshot Crew Challenge is the Medic One Foundation's social media fundraising campaign to support the training and equipment needs of our region's firefighters and paramedics. October 18- 27, nine teams are competing to become the Hotshot Crew of 2017. The winning team will award a $10,000 grant to their partner fire department to purchase emergency medical equipment. The remaining funds will be used to train 24 new paramedic students for communities throughout the Puget Sound region. Caffé Umbria and Volterra have teamed up to raise funds for the Seattle Fire Department.
To raise $25,000 for first responders
How You Can Help:
- Go to hotshotcrew.org/#vote and select Caffé Umbria/Voterra to donate $10 (tax deductible).
- Vote as often you like between October 18-27, and receive a free espresso drink for each vote, at any Caffé Umbria or Volterra location. Bring proof of vote to claim your coffee.
- Encourage friends, family, and co-workers to vote and share among their social network. (Visit our Facebook and Instagram pages for easy sharing)
- The winning team gets $10,000 + remaining funds will be used to train 24 new paramedic students.
KEY FACTS ABOUT THE PUGET SOUND REGION'S MEDIC ONE PARAMEDICS:
- Charitable contributions to the Medic One Foundation are the sole source of support for our region's Medic One Paramedic Training Program, ensuring that paramedics receive an exceptional education that far exceeds national standards.
- It costs $25,000 to train each paramedic student.
- Medic one paramedics are among the most highly trained in the world.
- Paramedic students undergo 2,700 hours of instruction from University of Washington physicians, compared to the national average of 1,100 hours.
- Under the direct supervision of experienced paramedics, students average 700 patient contacts––more than three times the national average.
- Medic One paramedics consistently achieve survival rates for sudden cardiac arrest that are among the highest in the world.
ABOUT THE MEDIC ONE FOUNDATION
The Medic One Foundation is a critical part of our region’s Medic One system. Relying solely on charitable contributions, we fund:
- World-class paramedic training and continuing medical education that far exceeds national standards
- Research and development of tomorrow’s lifesaving ideas to improve patient outcomes
- Medical equipment for first responders to improve the quality of care and help save more lives